1.04.2008

Maria Goretti, movie

Yes, it's true. What are we doing with are free time this week: being lazy, enjoying each other, and watching another movies.
Maria Goretti was given to Piglet for Christmas. I had been warned that there are a couple of frightening scenes for young'uns....and it's true. We just shooed Roo out a couple of times. Even though this brought about inevitable questions, I can predigest the information and he doesn't have to observe. That being said, I think that even those scenes were tastely depicted, though ugly enough, even I being 'most squeamish' could watch.
From the description "This film tells the inspiring and tragic story of the beloved saint of modern youth who died defending her purity at the hands of a knife-weilding attacker."
There is way more to the story. Maria is inspiring: cheerful, hopeful, faithful.....and forgiving. I love the parallel between malaria and hatred, with hatred being worse as Maria's father teaches her. And, she learns well because before she dies while in immense pain from her wounds she forgives her attacker and hopes that he is with her in heaven.
Oh, to have such pure and noble intentions! Maria Goretti, pray for us!
-kanga

No comments: